As I ponder and look back on 2009, I am very grateful for all the opportunities as well as challenges that I experienced. One year ago I never would have thought that the blog I had just started is now getting 1,000-2,000 visitors each day, and that I would have close to 2000 current clients through Fit Moms For Life, Got Core, Fit Fun Bootcamps, and Mamatone.
I would sum up this year as uncomfortable. I have never spent more time being uncomfortable than this year. What I mean by “being uncomfortable” is that I did things that I knew I should do, but made me scared, nervous, and anxious. One of the most challenging things was becoming comfortable with making my own DVDs. I now have made 14 DVDs this year! At first it was very challenging; it wasn’t easy watching myself on camera or hearing my voice. Even though I have a long way to go with my on-camera skills, I am improving every day (after watching all my DVDs, I use certain phrases WAY too much, sorry for those who have to put up with that!). But here is the take away message I want you to remember; anything you do doesn’t have to be perfect. So often in life we wait until everything is perfect to start that new job, get into a new relationship, get in shape, or focus on your relationship with your spouse. I have realized that we are wasting so much time waiting for the perfect time to do anything! If I hadn’t gotten past my fears, I wouldn’t have filmed the DVDs and been able to help 100′s of amazing people who I didn’t have access to prior. I don’t possess anything special that you don’t have, so make 2010 the year of being uncomfortable!
I get asked frequently if I am planning on leaving Madison and moving to Hollywood, the answer is that I have no plans on doing so. I want to give you a little insight into my plans for 2010 and then want to hear about what you would like me to do. Who knows what will actually happen, but this is some of the things I want to accomplish.
1. Fit Fun Bootcamps: With 10 locations I am very happy and pleased with where they are at. I would like to grow them a little more and really focus on creating the most incredible experience to each bootcamper. I want to create more and more value for each bootcamper. I don’t plan on expanding to many more locations because it takes so much energy and time to do so and spreads me very thin.
2. MamaTone: Very similar to bootcamps, I don’t plan on adding more times and locations, but finding ways to add more value and service to each MamaToner.
3. Fit Moms For Life DVDs: I will continue to focus on expanding the number of moms who join my monthly Fit Moms For Life DVD program. I am looking to add additional resources such as CDs and maybe even a newsletter at some point. I want to find ways to create a more cohesive and tight community for the hundreds of moms who are part of the program. I want to create much more accountability in order to guarantee results. I also want to be more accessible for more Q&A times.
4. Blog: I have been very pleased about how the blog has grown and am so excited to continue to provide valuable content and help increase your commitment and motivation towards being the healthiest you can. I also want this blog to be a platform where we can make a positive difference in the world, not just from a fitness standpoint. I am looking forward to more and more feedback from you on specific blog posts. I think the best blog posts are the ones that I share my information and opinion and then you comment and add value to the conversation by either agreeing and explaining why, or disagreeing and saying why, or adding an additional viewpoint!
1. Create some new DVDs that couples or friends can do together… All my DVDs can be done with two people doing the same thing, but I want to make some workouts that require the teamwork of two people to accomplish.
2. Kids workouts: I want to create a bunch of 10 minute workouts that kids can do with their parents that are both fun and challenging. I want the workouts to set a strong anchor in their lives that working out is not only healthy to do, but also fun!
3. Start doing my own live TV show on the internet. I have been researching this a lot and buying all the technology that I need, so I will be getting this going soon!
4. I want to do more and more teleseminars which will allow me to go into much more depth and detail on specific topics than I can on my blog, and also allow me to help those who don’t live near me. Click here to join my first teleseminar program!
5. Finish my book, Fit Moms For Life: I will be looking for many of you who are women to be in the book. I am structuring it similar to the Body For Life book and having personal stories of women getting amazing results through my program. This will add a very powerful personal touch that will really help women out there who are doubting that they can achieve what they want in life.
6. Transformation contests that are another way to get people to exercise and eat healthy. Contests are such a good way to set a goal and have an end date that you strive towards getting to.
7. ???? Who knows. This is where you can help me out!
What would you like me to do this year to help you blow away any fitness and health related goals that you have for 2010?